Thursday, September 25, 2008

Our Baby Has Arrived.....Wait a second......it's a BOY!?!?!

Our baby has finally arrived!! Wynn and I have been enjoying this time with our cute little child. We have prepared a cute pink little nursery to bring this baby girl home too, but as shocking as this may sound....she didn't come out a girl.......she came out a boy!!! We could not believe our eyes at the time, but he is definitely, 100% boy. He weighes 7 lbs. 15 oz. and is 20 inches long. As far as the birth story, I was induced on Tuesday evening, and at first was progessing fairly well. I then stopped progressing and was dilating at a 5 for about 5 hours. The baby was showing signs of stress and struggled to keep his heart rate up. The doctor came in and checked me yesterday at about 4:30, and informed me that I have a very narrow pelvic bone and that it was a very tight fit for the baby. They could already tell that the baby's head was a little cone-shaped for being stressed down in the birth canal for so long. He told me that he would give me one more hour, and that if I didn't progress, we would have to have a cesarean delivery. As lucky as I am, I didn't progess and was not dilating any further and the baby was in even more stress. The doctor stressed that we did cesarean right away. Afterwards, the doctor told me that there was no way that I could have delivered this baby vaginally, and that this was the only way. It is a little disappointing about my pelvic bone, but I am trying to look on the bright side of things, rather than dwelling on the negative. More than likely, all of my babies will be cesarean deliveries.

SO, we now have this precious baby boy. We were super surprised, but now that he is here, we are so happy that he is a boy and would have it no other way. Luckily, we already had a boy name picked out, Chandler Wynn Jones. Yes, you will notice his PINK pacifier in these pictures, and more than likely, he could go home in a little pink outfit because right now, that's all he's got. So enjoy these pictures, some aren't the best of him, but it's all I have for right now. I hope you all enjoy and I will post more at a later time.




19 comments:

The Whipples said...

CongratS!!!! He is very cute!!!

Lara said...

Oh MY GOSH! Am I seriously CRYING?! Yes. I am. I am so excited for you. It is the most amazing thing to have a mother/son bond, and reading this I just had flashbacks of the beginning up until now and it's been the best 8 months of my life. Easily. I know you'll agree. Congrats on the BOY!!! How hilarious and fun!!

Shane and Amy Jo said...

DARLING!!! Oh, I can't wait to meet him. That picture with the pink pacifier is hilarious. He's never going to live that one down! Please, just make Mom get him a blue outfit to go home in...don't curse that little boy by dressing him up as a girl!!!:) Nice work you two...he's a handsome little man. Keep those pictures coming!

Huszar Family - Idaho said...

Hi Lindsay, this is Amy's friend Christy. Congrats on your baby boy! We have similiar birth stories with the c-section/pelvis issue!! I am sure you were pretty shocked but the most important thing is that you have a healthy baby. Congratulations, motherhood is awesome.

Brandon,J'lene, Kamiah,Braelyn, Chelsea, Aussie said...

I am so excited for you, what a fun surprise. Just think of all the fun the boy cousins will have together. Congrats I am glad that every one is healthy. You two will be great parents!!

julie said...

Oh congratulations! He is super cute! And...you're not pregnant anymore! I always think that is almost as exciting as the actual baby.

Jared and Jami Hobbs said...

Yeah!! That is a great story! We had a good laugh! I'm glad you he's here even if he is sucking that sweet pink pacifier! I guess the Chandler's are meant for boys! he is so handsome. I hope you recover fast. Good luck!! Congrats!!

amanda said...

oh he is so sweet...i already love him so much. i am going to have to get used to calling him a he. i have she stuck in my head. he is adorable. cant wait to meet him!

Anonymous said...

OH Congratulations Lindsay!!! I can't believe he came out a BOY!!!! That's crazy, I bet Wynn was so happy!!! And you stole my boy name... but i guess it fits your family better anyways!

Jessica said...

Oh my gosh! You have a baby boy!!! Congrats! Glad everything went well~!

Nate said...

holy cow! a boy! haha Congrats~ he is adorable and I LOVE the name. I hope you are doing well, and recover fast!!! I can't wait for all the pictures!!!
desi

Nan and Aaron said...

So sweet! Congrats Bins. You survived delivery, now the real fun begins. We love you and are thinking of you. Nan

Jason, Amanda, Brayden and Dillon said...

Whoa!! What a surprise!! But boys are oh so fun!! He is honestly adorable! Hope you guys are all doing well!

The Wilker Family said...

Woohoo!!! Boys RULE!!! No matter what you do, make sure he does not go home wearing anything pink or frilly!Congrats!

Ashley and Dave said...

BahHa! That is super funny! I just had to add my two bits and laugh that you have all this girl stuff and a little boy with a pink pacifier! Ha. That is really funny! Congrats!

Seth and Sierra said...

Ah! How funny and exciting! Little boys are SO much fun! He is adorable! I hope you're feeling well, and everything is good! Congrats, and I hope you still have tags on all your pink items so you can return them! ;)
PS: I LOVE the name!

Unknown said...

Haha! That is so funny that she's a he! Boys are so much fun!! The first thought that came to my mind was that my gift was unisex! phew!! That is so cute the pink binki! I hope that you are doing okay. The lack of sleep starts to make you a little loopie, but it is just a precious time. They change so quickly! We can't wait to met your little man!

Sarah and Trent said...

Congratulations!!! I am so excited for you! I love the name!

Unknown said...

oh my gosh i cant believe it was a boy rhe pink binky is hilarious have fun keep posting